Sunday, January 16, 2011

Romans 1

1 Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle and set apart for the gospel of God.
9 God, whom I serve with my whole heart in preaching the gospel of his Son, is my witness how constantly I remember you.
14-16 I am obligated both to Greeks and non-Greeks, both to the wise and the foolish. That is why I am so eager to preach the gospel also to you who are at Rome. I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then for the Gentile.

In this chapter, I saw Paul's humbleness and God's love. First, Paul called himself a servant. I myself often ignore the relationship between God and myself. I call Him Father but oftentimes disobey Him. Paul is a model of obedience. He regarded God's plan as his priority, which was preaching the gospel to all the nations.

Second, God's great love shows in His salvation. Whoever believes in God will be saved and receives the righteousness from Him. We are sinner and do wrong things all the time, but God does not give us up. Simply believing sounds simple, but having faith throughout our lives is not that simple, I think. May God strengthens me, my family and friends to have faith in You.

4 comments:

  1. I felt you are humble and have a soft heart.
    May Godkeep blessing you and all people around of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw, I want to link your article to my blog. Do you know how to use this function? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wei-Shin~
    Long time no see. How have you been?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Maru, I am sorry that I stopped the reading plan. I hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete